Project: Create a Custom Datatype for Geography
Can be created via single string or number pairs.
- eg. 36.532N 154.34W Enter - or 36.532, -154.34 tap ->point
- eg. Decimal Degrees, Degrees Decimal Minutes, Degrees Minutes Seconds
Can create Lines from multiple Points
- eg. Enter two points and tap ->line
- Optional - override the "+" key to add the two points on the Stack
- eg. Enter two points and tap ->rect
- eg. From Line object tap ->poly
- Optional - Instead of adding a Point to the Line, set a member var - GeoType to Polygon
- Keep it simple for now and require entries do not span the International Dateline.
- Optional - handle International Dateline for Lines, Rectangles, and Polygons
Can find distance between Points as a function with two Points on the Stack which will NOT create a Line.
- eg. Enter two points and tap ->dist
When Point is added to a Line, the Stack should show distance from last point and total distance.
Can set Units for distance (Would be cool to integrate the built in Units somehow)
Rectangle can be "set" as Map Window which will be global (or folder?) variable like eq for Plot
Optional Rectangle (Window) and Polygon will have area
Optional set Units for Area to apply to Rectangle (Window) and Polygon
Can display Points, Lines, and Polygon in Display window retrieving map from a web resource.
- eg. Google Maps or ESRI
Optional ability to push data Points onto the Stack similar to getting points from graphs.
Optional ability to push data Line, Rectangles, and Polygons onto the Stack similar to getting points from graphs.
I would like to make incremental code posts and, anyone, please feel free to jump in if you see me straying in any way from these technologies that are new to me.