1.5 is a pretty big update “under the hood”. It prepares for the upcoming Mathematica-in-the-cloud-based CAS, contains fixes, and introduces some new features.
Yay! iOS 7 is supported. (The previous version broke quite badly with the update.) The look has been updated. See http://forums.naivedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1005.
Finally, there’s full support for the iPhone 5-family’s larger screen, adding display of more stack lines, bigger graphics, and larger keys.
[Note, expanding the calculator (hiding the tabs) is not possible under iOS 7, until the next update.]
The app now run in two new languages, thanks to volunteer translation contributions (a big thank you!): Spanish and Dutch.
Key caps have been changed and are easier to understand now.
Remember: press and briefly hold a key to get its 2nd function. The 2nd-level key is going to be retired soon.
Also, long-press a built-in function’s soft-key to get documentation for it. Long-press a variable key to edit its contents.
There’s updated documentation for the following new functions:
(See http://forums.naivedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1016&p=1975#p1975 for usage examples.)
- zip, unzip, augment (AUGMENT)
- match (full regular expression matching)
- setBigFPrecision, bigFPrecision
- quot (IQUOT), IREMAINDER
- isSquareFree, squareFreePart, moebius
- subst (SUBST)
- Can now drop @ from modern stack commands. E.g., drop instead of @drop
- eval is changed, num is new and works across most types
- expressions are now rendered in italics and are represented differently internally, with the calculator now knowing of three ways to evaluate them: numerically, symbolically, and half-symbolically (where certain parts are evaluated and others retained symbolically--important for CAS usage)
- various minor things
- going from an expanded calc to Help no longer gets you stuck without a tab bar
- convert when using ambiguous unit names that could be interpreted as another unit name with a SI-prefix; e.g. 1, m, ft, convert
- convergent and convergents
- GETI for matrices
- other minor things