Dark Skin

General Discussions about ND1

Dark Skin

Postby Upern » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Oliver,
when I followed further along the Quick Tour reaching TAsk 6 where temporarily the skin is changed and the sqrt function is replaced by the newly recorded tax function (at this point I had switched to the Dark skin), I finished (as guided) with undoing the changes by restoring the calculator.
However, the skin had changed back to Light, and when I invoked Definition again to change it beck to Dark I found that there were two entries called Default (both were checked) and the Light option had vanished.
Since I liked the Dark skin option during the brief period I tried it, and want to use it more, I wonder whether the data for it can be downloaded again. I find the folder My Skin under My Data, with four entries, but I am not sure how to specify the Dark skin data to download.

Is this something I can do directly from the ND1 ?

Thanks.
Udo
Upern

Re: Dark Skin

Postby oliver » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Udo,

I thought I had fixed an earlier mix-up problem with Skins, but there still seem to be a way to get into that.
I'm not sure yet about how to reproduce it, but there're seem to be two ways to fix this:
- Quit and kill app (by showing open tasks and then choosing the wiggling ND1 icon), and try to select Dark again
- Go into the Apple Settings app ("Einstellungen" in German) on app page one of your device, find ND1, and change the default skin to "Dark"; then, back in the app, select "Default", which is shown there for sure

My Skin is always the "Custom" skin. Black and Light are downloaded and hard-wired. That is, you cannot change them and they cannot get lost either (only the menu item to select can, temporarily, or so it appears).

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Oliver
oliver
Site Admin

Postby Upern » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 am

The second sentence must, of course, read:
However, the skin had changed back to Light, and when I invoked Definition again to change it beck to Dark I found that there were two entries called Default (both were checked) and the Dark option had vanished.
Sorry for the confusion.

So I still want to get back the Dark option and replace the second Default option that appeared by itself with it.

Thanks.
Upern

Postby Upern » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:00 pm

The second way worked okay -- I had forgotten that ND1 appears in the Settings choices.
Now the Default is the Dark skin but within ND1, when I tap the Definition button, the list of choices still looks like this:

Default √
Metal
Default √
Custom
Light

with both Default entries checked. Either works to bring up the Dark skin when selected from the, say, Custom or Light skin.
After selecting one, only one check mark appears anymore, It appears that the label itself was changed from inside the ND1.
Since things work now this is not a big deal although it would be interesting, for you probably more so, to know how it had happened. If you have a solution that I could try here I'd like to learn about it.

In any case, it's an absolutely great calculator.
Best regards,
Udo
Upern

Postby oliver » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Udo,

Glad it worked out.

Yes, I've seen it messed up in similar ways. The solution will need a code change. Some index mess-up for an unknown reason (so far)...

I'm very glad you like the calculator. Thanks for the compliment.
The calc is long not done. The next update will do some interesting things to UI.

Cheers.
oliver
Site Admin

Return to General