hp28S delete last stack entry

General Discussions about ND1

hp28S delete last stack entry

Postby osmium » Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

I sold my first 28S to "upgrade" to an hp48 capable of hard wire to desktop. A friend spilled coffee on my 48 corrupting all of my saved programs and data and also made it non-functional. That was about 12 years ago. I prefer the 28 over the 48 so I recently acquired another 28S on-line.

I am re-reading through the manual (I have both the user manual and reference manual) but also am just finishing an online class in ms Access database plus new job new project(s), new Dell M4600 workstaion laptop (my first laptop).

I really need to make my 28S perform some basic engineering calcs which I am able to do but I need some help finding some really basic stuff about my 28s in the 600 + pages of manuals.

1) wihout using shift/clear to clear the whole stack, how do I clear the last stack entry or can I also select a particular stack level and delete it?
2) I also have an hp 41CV and use it regualalrly. Does the 28S have stack roll down function like the 41?

Thanks ion advance for your help,
osmium

Re: hp28S delete last stack entry

Postby oliver » Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi osmium,

Simply stated: you won't be able to use the HP-28S without reading the manual, at least partially.
Here's a link to the quick reference which is the most condensed documentation you will find:[url]
http://www.scribd.com/tmartin_79/d/5974 ... -Reference[/url]
You do need to know how to use soft-menus to make use of it.

Regarding your specific questions:
- you will need the shift key to clear your stack; or type and enter CLEAR
- the DROP key will delete the last item on the stack
- yes, there're ROLL and ROLLD and a good bunch of other stack manipulation functions in the Stack soft-menu

Hope this helps.

For help with the HP-28S calc visit http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/topics.

The forum here is for question related to ND1, an iOS app, following in the footsteps of the HP-28S and HP-50g calculators.

Cheers.
oliver
Site Admin

Postby osmium » Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Oliver,
Very helpfull and yes I understand "...Simply stated: you won't be able to use the HP-28S without reading the manual, at least partially." I am on page 42 not nearly enough except for basic calcs.

Previously I had Gear and Bearing calc's programmed to work beautifujuly with soft keys.

Thank you so much for the answers and the links.

What is ND1, an iOS app? Is this a version of 28S RPN/RPL software that works with a smart phone?

Best regards,

If I were doing any better I would need to be triplets because I am already beside myself.
osmium

Postby oliver » Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

osmium,

What is ND1, an iOS app? Is this a version of 28S RPN/RPL software that works with a smart phone?

See http://naivedesign.com/ND1.
This project started as a rebuild of a HP-28S with a new/modern engine, and has since become something that transcends the HP calcs in various aspects (by virtue of being networked and the nature of its engine which supports full extensibility and programmability in RPL+ and JavaScript, modern graphics, etc.).

Good luck with (re-)discovering your HP-28S. It was quite a calc back in the day.
oliver
Site Admin

Return to General