Lost Menu Bar While in Database [FIXED IN v1.3.9]

Bugs in ND1 (report'em, get'em fixed)

Lost Menu Bar While in Database [FIXED IN v1.3.9]

Postby Ozz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Oliver,

I lost the menu bar, at the bottom of ND1, while in the Database (My Data) area.
No amount of shaking the phone would bring it back.
So I was stuck in the database.
Had to turn the phone completely off then on again to restore the menu.

-- Ozz --
-- Ozz --

Device: iPhone 4
iOS: 5.0 (9A334)
ND1: 1.3.10
Ozz

Re: Lost Menu Bar While in Database

Postby oliver » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 am

Hi Ozz,

Thanks for reporting.

After some effort I was able to reproduce this: if you switch to the database just when the tab bar is sliding down in expanded calculator mode, this occurs. Will be fixed in next update.

As there's been a bit of confusion with expanding/shrinking of the keys and device shake was probably never a good idea to begin with, I'm planning to have the calculator always in expanded mode, with the tab bar always sliding down after a short delay and never showing in semi-transparent mode when in non-calculator modes. This change is foreseen for v1.4.

By the way, you don't have to shut down your device. If an app misbehaves, double-click the home button and kill the app in question by holding it until it wiggles, and then tapping the delete symbol.

Oliver
oliver
Site Admin

Re: Lost Menu Bar While in Database [FIXED IN v1.3.9]

Postby oliver » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:01 am

This has been fixed in v1.3.9.
The change previously foreseen for v1.4 also made into the update. Unlike what I said there's now a new preference for auto-expanding the calculator in the Settings app for ND1, so the behavior is customizable.
oliver
Site Admin

Postby Ozz » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for the tip regarding killing misbehaving apps.

I'm glad you found the problem.

Having the auto-expand behaviour as an option in Settings is a good way to go.
From my own experience -
    Having just got ND1, I spend a lot of time flipping between the database and calculator while creating & testing functions. So I want the menu - disappearing menu is inconvenient.
    I am sure that once the calculator is set up, I will be less likely to want the menu displayed.
-- Ozz --

Device: iPhone 4
iOS: 5.0 (9A334)
ND1: 1.3.10
Ozz

Postby oliver » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:21 am

Hi Ozz,

I've regretted even mentioning that functions can be written while in the database, and edited Writing User Functions to instead explain how to use the multi-line editor.

I'm solely using the database for re-arranging entries and deleting unwanted ones. (And the Sharing functions.)

I hope you noticed that if the calculator (v1.3.8) is not in expanded mode, the tab bar will not automatically slide down.

Cheers.
oliver
Site Admin

Return to Bugs