Stuck in Demos [NO BUG]

Bugs in ND1 (report'em, get'em fixed)

Stuck in Demos [NO BUG]

Postby Upern » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Just purchased the ND1 and started to run the built-in demo. This got interrupted, partly because I may have hit some wrong keys.
Then I went to the website and started to take the Quick Tour. This went fine until I got to Task 3: Graph a function -- a different graph than what the webpage had came up. Things worked okay though but when I reached Task 4: Try the database, I realized that the screen on my display showed the word Demos in the upper right corner, not the label My Vars.

I am trying to get to the right screen but don't know how to do that. Also, I don't know how to re-start the demo itself (not that I want to do that since the Quick Tour and the Tutorials on the website appear more useful).
So, how do I get to the standard folder of My Vars?
Upern

Re: Stuck in Demos

Postby oliver » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi,

Please see http://forums.naivedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=439 for the answer to your question.

Thank you for finding your way here and asking the question. As mentioned in the thread above, it seems all too easy right now to get stuck in this way, and I will contemplate how to make this safer and/or easier to use.

You can see the demos again by tapping the soft-keys, while in the Demo folder. The Demo folder isn't any different from other folders. It just happens to contain the demo functions. Make sure the edit line is in "rpn" mode. (If you see "alg" the soft-keys will not execute automatically and you have to press the Enter key after every key.) To switch from "alg" to "rpn", tap "alg".

Hope this helps.
oliver
Site Admin

Re: Stuck in Demos

Postby Upern » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your response. It worked well, of course.
The ND1 is really a great calculator, and I am glad I found one that does RPN since I have been using that format ever since the first HP calculator with it came out. There is also a nice implementation of one running on the Palm platform (by Russell Webb).

I am very miuch looking forward to using the ND1 now, especially the graphs and the programming features.
Best regards,
Udo
Upern

Return to Bugs